The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India requires all food business operators (FBO) in India to get a food licence (FSSAI). All FBOs must follow all FSSAI policies and recommendations when it comes to food quality control. All distributors, traders, supermarkets, grocery stores, importers and exporters, and others are required to have an FSSAI licence. FSSAI Registration is a food safety certificate granted by India’s food authority that ensures the quality of food products. FSSAI Licensing ensures that agricultural products are subjected to stringent quality controls, lowering the risk of adulteration, substandard, and unrefined products.
People who are directly or indirectly concerned about food items include a street vendor, a five-star restaurant, a grocery store owner, and a dhaba proprietor. As a result, if you’re considering beginning a food business, you should first obtain your FSSAI licence.
The FSSAI standards are designed to achieve the following goals:
- The creation of scientifically grounded food publication standard guidelines.
- Maintaining and controlling the most efficient manufacturing, storage, selling, distribution, and import of food.
- Ensure and promote the safety and quality of food served to the general public by food outlets.
Why is it necessary to register with the FSSAI?
The FSSAI was created to provide science-based food standards and to control the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale, and import of food products in order to ensure that nutritious and wholesome food is available for human consumption. All food dealers, suppliers, and restaurants must receive a 14-digit licence number, which must be written on their products. FSSAI registration is essential for all dealers and food company operators that work in the food industry.
REGISTRATION WITH THE FSSAI:
Simply follow the steps below to get started:
- To enrol, go to our FSSAI Registration webpage.
- THE NAME OF THE APPLICANT/COMPANY ON THE FSSAI CERTIFICATE: This is the name of the company or organisation that will appear on the certificate.
- EMAIL ID: Make sure the claimant’s email address is correct.
- SELECT YOUR BUSINESS STYLE: Decide on the type of company you wish to manage.
- SELECT A FOOD CATEGORY: Select a food category.
- SELECT YOUR DESIGNATION: From the drop-down menu, choose the type of business.
- BUSINESS ADDRESS: Fill out the address exactly as it will appear on the FSSAI certificate.
- VALIDITY OF THE CERTIFICATE: Year(s) to be filled
- Then fill out the application form and upload any required papers as prompted. After successfully submitting their application and paperwork, applicants must click the VALIDATE button to confirm their submission.